Horizontal centrifugal pumps with mechanical seal
The CGD CGD-E pump series, centrifugal horizontal normalized to ISO 2858 EN 22858, have been designed in order to face strong applications. Easy to handle, the pumps of these series are strong, produced in their components with high thickness to give a product with the maximum reliability. Primary label mechanical seals combinations are installed (internal, external and double flushed). Example of application: Sulphuric Acid (H2SO4), Hydrochloric acid (HCl), Sodium Hypochlorite (NaOCl), Nitric acid (HNO3), Caustic Soda (NaOH), Phosphoric acid (H3PO4), Ferric Chloride (FeCl3), etc.
Material of Construction
Suitable to transfer acid and basics solutions, the parts in contact with the liquid are build from a solid plastic (PP, PVDF, PE-UHMW) block and the gaskets present are in the right material (EPDM, FPM, FFKM).
• Draining hole
• Residual fluid collection tank
• Pressurised tank for mechanical flushing
Download the catalog and the technical sheet complete with technical drawing with overall dimensions
* Fill out the form to download
- Metal armour in cast iron, guaranteeing strength and reliability in the area subjected to the highest levels of stress.
- Casing made of extra-thick PP, PVDF or PE-UHMW manufactured using mechanical machining processes.
- Centrifugal impeller made of PP, PVDF or PE-UHMW; semi-open model for particle-loaded fluids and closed for pumping high-temperature solutions. Axial self-balancing guaranteed by rear counter-blades; protected central metal insert.
- Shaft sleeve in PP, PVDF or PE-UHMW. Fully covering the part of steel shaft in contact with the process liquid and manufactured as a one-piece component. It rotates integrally with the impeller but is independent from it.
- Standardized mechanical seal, selected according to plant requirements and process requirements.
- Extra-thick front metal armour made of S235JR-EN1025 Carbon steel.
- Discharge flange constructed in two halves, made of S235JR-EN1025 Carbon steel.
- Single row radial bearing.
- Balanced shaft made of 42CrMo4 Carbon steel (with special alloy on demand), oversized to support torsional and radial forces. Precision machined from solid bar stock and protected by PP, PVDF or PE-UHMW shaft sleeve.
- Single row radial bearing.
- Bearing housing made in corrosion resistant cast iron G25.
Elastomeric bellows seal
Mechanical seal for moderately corrosive, clean and not excessively hot liquids. Static and rotating rings in SiC, spring and armour in SS316 not in contact with the process liquid, elastomeric bellows in EPDM or FPM. Available in the external (B6E – B6EC), internal (B6I – B6IC – B6IH) and double-flushed (B6EDF – B6EDFC) types.
PTFE bellows seal
Mechanical seal for highly corrosive fluids and high temperatures. Static and rotating rings in three different combinations (SiC-SiC, SiC-Al2O3, Al2O3-PTFE-C), PTFE bellows, spring and armour in SS316 not in contact with the pumped liquid. Available in external (JRS – JRS1 – JRA) and double-flushed (JR2S – JR2S1 – JT2P – JR2A) types.
Seal with elastomeric O-ring
Mechanical seal for moderately corrosive, clean and not excessively hot liquids. Static and rotating rings in two different combinations (SiC-SiC, Carbon-graphite-SiC), spring and armour in Hastelloy C276, O-ring in EPDM o FPM. Available in the internal (UMG – UMS) and double-flushed (UM2G – UM2S) types.