Horizontal fiberglass centrifugal pumps with mechanical seal
CFG Vitrum line
The Vitrum line was developed for mildly to severely corrosive liquids and able to withstand arduous working condition. All wetted parts are in reinforced fiberglass material, in order to resist abrasion and severe temperatures between -45°C (-50°F) and 120°C (250°F).
The Series CFG horizontal centrifugal coupling pumps are designed according to ANSI / ASME B73.1, presenting new features and innovations to be more competitive.
- Fiberglass resin FRP-VES vinyl ester resin: Standard applications
- Fiberglass resin FRP-VEA vinyl ester resin: Abrasive liquids applications
- Fiberglass resin FRP-VEC vinyl ester resin: Bleaches applications
- Fiberglass resin FRP-VEF vinyl ester resin: Fluorides applications
- Fiberglass resin FRP-EPX epxy resin: Strong chemicals and solvents applications
• Draining hole
• Residual fluid collection tank
• Pressurised tank for mechanical flushing
• Self-priming tank
• Dry-run protector
The fiberglass components of the CFG and CFM pumps are obtained by RTM (RESIN TRANSFER MOULDING) using vinyl ester reinforced with long glass-fibers.
Download the catalog and the technical sheet complete with technical drawing with overall dimensions
* Fill the form to download
- Pump casing made in solid FRP with high thickness to ensure optimal mechanical strength and chemical resistance- without the need for metallic armoring.
- Semi-open centrifugal impeller with rear back-vanes for axial self-balancing; with encapsulated metallic insert.
- Shaft sleeve in FRP or PE-UHMW. Fully covering the part of steel shaft in contact with the process liquid and manufactured as a one-piece component.
- rotates integrally with the impeller but is independent from it.
- Standardized mechanical seal, selected according to plant requirements and process requirements
- Single row radial bearing.
- Balanced shaft made of 42CrMo4 Carbon steel (with special alloy on demand), oversized to support torsional and radial forces.
Precision machined from solid bar stock and protected by FRP or PE-UHMW shaft sleeve.
- Rear double row, angular contact ball bearing, designed to withstand axial and radial hydraulic forces.
- Bearing housing made in corrosion resistant cast iron G25 with epoxy coating.
A docking system composed by an internal impeller nut (D) threated or with a nut drowned (C), a counter-nut (B) and a washer (A), avoid the impeller screwing from the shaft in case of reversal sense of rotation during the start.
Separated shaft sleeve from the impeller
The shaft sleeve (C) separation from the impeller (B) allows its replacement in damage case, without removing the impeller, for a saving spare parts costs. The elastomer cap (B) improves the drag of rotating parts.
Shaft adjustment system
A CFG pumps provide an axial shaft adjustment system, in order to permit the impeller approaching to the casing in case of partial blades consumption and to restore the initial pump performance without changing the internal parts. The system is composed by a threaded ring nut (A), fixing screws (B) and adjustment screws (C).
Base adjustment system
CFG pumps base provide a system for pump-motor regulation without using additional thicknesses. The system is composed by a support plate (A), adjusting nut (B) and two counter-nuts (C).
Elastometric bellows seal
Mechanical seal for moderately corrosive, clean and not excessively hot liquids. Static and rotating rings in SiC, spring and armour in SS316 not in contact with the process liquid, elastomeric bellows in EPDM or FPM. Available in the external (B6E – B6EC), internal (B6I – B6IC – B6IH) and double-flushed (B6EDF – B6EDFC) types.
PTFE bellows seal
Mechanical seal for highly corrosive fluids and high temperatures. Static and rotating rings in three different combinations (SiC-SiC, SiC-Al2O3, Al2O3-PTFE-C), PTFE bellows, spring and armour in SS316 not in contact with the pumped liquid. Available in external (JRS – JRS1 – JRA) and double-flushed (JR2S – JR2S1 – JT2P – JR2A) types.
Seal with metallic armour
Mechanical seal for moderately corrosive, clean and not excessively hot liquids. Static ring in Al2O3 and rotating ring in Carbon-graphite , spring and armour in SS316 , O-rings in EPDM o FPM and gaskets in PTFE. Available in the external (B8E) and double-flushed (B8EDF) types.
Seal with elastometric O-ring
Mechanical seal for moderately corrosive, clean and not excessively hot liquids. Static and rotating rings in two different combinations (SiC-SiC, Carbon-graphite-SiC), spring and armour in Hastelloy C276, O-ring in EPDM o FPM. Available in the internal (UMG – UMS) and double-flushed (UM2G – UM2S) types.